Monday, November 5, 2018


Have you ever felt like your tennis game has stagnated?  You play matches and win the easy ones, but can’t seem to beat the same guy who you’ve lost to 6-4 6-4 for the 100th time in the past 3 years.  And you haven’t improved that same old weak backhand and inconsistent serve even though you practice 5 times a week?  Read on my friends.  Here are six golden tips I’ve learned over the years that will help you improve your tennis game immediately.
 
1. Have a Plan on the Practice Court
The number one reason why you aren’t improving is because you don’t have a plan when you practice.  Think about it: if I have weak volleys, and I practice as normal by hitting a zillion groundstrokes and then calling it a day, will my volleys improve?

You must (1) Identify the weakness; (2) Make a Plan to fix the weakness, and (3) Implement the Plan. [Remember IPI if you like acronyms…..or the letters P and I 🙂 ].

Sample practice plans include: (1) Today I’m going to work on hitting my volleys past the service line. (2) For the next 2 service games, I will hit topspin serves to increase my first serve percentage.  (3) I’m going to spend 5 extra minutes per practice session hitting crosscourt backhands.

Read More: https://tennisfiles.com/six-tips-improve-your-tennis-game
Related Article:  A Touch of Tennis

No comments:

Post a Comment